Introducing the imageFORMULAR DR-C225 II
The DR-C225 II is exactly the sort of highly capable document scanner Canon is known for. It delivers fast speed for the price, scans to searchable PDF format almost as quickly as to image format, offers impressively accurate optical character recognition (OCR), and comes with world-class programs for document management, for OCR, and for creating and working with PDF files. Its innovative, upright, space-saving design frees up desk space with the high-quality images and east of use signature to the imageFormula series.
Unique Space-Saving Design
The DR-C225 II takes up less space on your desktop than most scanners designed for personal use. Like the Canon imageFormula DR-C125 & original DR-C225 that it replaces in Canon’s line, it measures only 8.7 by 11.8 by 6.1 inches (HWD), and it doesn’t need extra room for the output tray. Paper normally follows a U-shaped path, starting in the 30-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF) in back, moving under the scanner, and continuing up to the output tray, which is parallel to the scanner front. For heavier-weight paper or business cards, you flip a small lever on the side of the scanner so that the paper will follow a nearly straight path, going under the scanner and then forward through a slot near the bottom of the output tray.
Scanning both sides of an item at the same time, the DR-C225 can reliably handle a wide variety of document types including think and ultra-thin paper documents, plastic ID cards, embossed cards, and even passports up to 4mm thick. Support includes long documents up to 118” in length and oversized documents up to 11” x 17” can easily be scanned thanks to Canon’s proven paper feeding mechanism, built around heavy-duty feed and separation rollers. The built-in double-feed detection helps to ensure that no data is lost with files being able to save in a variety of formats including PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PPTX, BMP, or PNG to integrate with many different software programs.
The Canon imageFORMULA DR-C225 II is capable of handling an average of about 1.500 pages per day with a throughput speed of 25 pages per minute and 50 images per minute in duplex scanning mode. Its automatic document feeder capacity is 30 A4 sized paper sheets. It can output from 150-600 DPI in Monochrome (Active Threshold, Black & White, Error Diffusion, Advanced Text Enhancement, Advanced Text Enhancement II), 8-bit Greyscale (256-Level), or 24-bit Colour thanks to its built-in Canon CMOS CIS 1 Line Sensor.
Video Product Tour
Canon DR-C225 II in Summary
The Canon imageFormula DR-C225 II document scanner delivers fast scans with excellent text-recognition accuracy, and it comes with a highly useful collection of top-tier application programs.
- Big productivity with 25ppm/50ipm high speed colour scanning and large 30 sheet ADF
- Flexible connectivity options with WiFi and USB connectivity models offered
- Robust design for workloads up to 1,500 scans/day
- Automatic intelligent processing with OCR, Barcode, 2D Code recognition
- Versatile and reliable paper handling of wide range documents, including passports and ID cards
- CaptureOnTouch software for easy, yet powerful capture processing and integration tools
You can learn more about this product on Canon’s Product Page.
- McKinley Children’s Center Harvest of Hope 2021 Golf Tournament Fundraiser - August 25, 2021
- The DR-M260 Work From Anywhere Canon Scanner - February 4, 2021
- TierFive is a Proud Sponsor of the Pier to Pier Friendship Walk - October 12, 2020